Recent Posts

May 07, 2009

Coming soon to a blog near you

May 7. Day 311.

Guess what.

I think I need to sleep.

I could keep writing, and it would probably be somewhat coherent, but it won't be fun for either of us.

I realized this when I reread the first sentence of this post: Today, we went to Ocean Beach.

Yes, I'm down to one sentence paragraphs.

Eww. Not enticing.

That one had two sentences, but it won't happen again.

I promise.

For enticement, must sleep first.

Anyway, I'm almost caught up.

With any luck, I'll dream up an asking for tomorrow.

xo,

La Roxy

PS: anyone have anything to say? A little May message? How's this blog working for ya? Anything thoughts, ideas, suggests, questions, concerns, as I conceptualize this project for Year Two? Would love to hear from you!! Leave a comment below, or email me.

PPS: the one sentence thing doesn't apply to PS's.

PPPS: zzzz.

UPDATE:

You know what?? Screw sleep.

I can do this.

Onward.

You can't visit San Diego without going to the beach. So we headed today to Ocean Beach, which has three great things going for it:

1) that beach surfer/hippie atmosphere you can't find most other places on the planet
2) a row of cool local shops
3) great Mexican food

After a taco lunch and a stroll by the water, we stopped in a few stores. In the last one, we each noticed some pretty jewelry. I rather liked an antique cross with seed pearls (not that I'm overly, or overtly, religious -- see this post for details -- but I am happy to wear a cross on occasion.) No way was I buying it, but that didn't stop me from trying it on.

Meanwhile, Eau had zoomed in on an Edwardian pendant with amethyst. Absolutely stunning.

She asked the salesman if he could do a better price, and he offered 10 percent off. Nothing amazing, but still, around $25 for her pendant.

Following suit, I asked the same, and he extended the same discount -- about $16 off.

These were American pieces, he explained, from around the turn of the century. Necklines plunged for the first time in decades and women could finally wear something dainty around their necks, rather than brooches. Cool back story.

Ample desire, but no actual intention to purchase. Still, I had to ask for something.

Gained: The offer of $16 off a $160 pendant.
blog comments powered by Disqus