Recent Posts

July 02, 2008

Two for one?

July 1: Day 1.

Here it is, my first asking.

Site: Lestat's Coffee House.

Time: 9:42 p.m.

The comedy show was starting at 9:30. I got the call from a friend -- "Want to come to a comedy show?" -- just after 9:15, so I hustled out the door and got there as fast as I could.

By then, all the seats were taken. The opening act was underway. The audience was crowding the aisles, spilling out of the performance area and almost into the sidewalk, so Mr. A and I had to push our way to the counter to ask for tickets.

The guy working the entry mumbled something about $3, but it was impossible to hear over all the noise.

I gave it a shot. "There's no room to sit. Could we get in two for one?"

"What?" he yelled back.

"Three?" I asked, my finger wagging between both of us like a windshield wiper. "For both?"

"I said, it's free!" he repeated.

Was that a smirk?

Gained: Nothing.
blog comments powered by Disqus