Recent Posts

March 07, 2009

Teach me about Italian wines?

March 7. Day 250.

I've gotten into this cycle where I'm writing three or four blog posts at once. Not sure how I feel about it as a writer, but how do you feel about it as a reader? Comments are welcome, on this or anything else regarding the delivery of this project. Or not regarding it. I always love hearing from you, gentle reader! In email, or right in the post. Sometime it takes me a day or two (or three) to reply, but I read every word and love writing back, too.

Allora. From Tuesday, Saturday seems like a speck in the rearview mirror. Saturday... what happened Saturday? Let me dig out my retroscope to get a better look. Focusing... focusing... ah, yes.

Saturday was lame. Lame from an asking standpoint, that is. Wonderful from every other standpoint.

I went to a cafe, sat at the counter and talked to the owner/barista. I noticed a sign on the window stated the cafe is applying for a liquor license, so I wished him luck. He replied that they'd serve only beer and wine (Italian wine, since it's an Italian cafe), and I confessed I know very little about it.

Then, I asked if he'd mind teaching me one day.

He agreed.

Gained: A tentative meeting to learn to differentiate Barolo from Barbaresco. Not the most out-there of requests, but something to look forward to nonetheless.
blog comments powered by Disqus