Recent Posts

March 10, 2009

Privacy check

March 10. Day 253.

Today's asking was short and sweet: I checked with a potential employer if she plans on respecting my privacy.

A few weeks ago, I saw an flyer at a cafe that said, "Amateur actors needed for short movie. This will be used for psychology dissertation research. $15/hour." I don't usually reply to such signs -- in fact, I don't think I ever have before -- but I wrote an email saying I was curious to learn about the project. I also disclosed that I have zero acting experience.

Today, I got an answer with more details. It would involve learning a script and then shooting for about three hours, and it could happen anywhere. I'd be playing a psychiatric patient, and I'd have to -- get this -- ask/request/demand something of my therapist, over a webcam. The doctoral student would then show my video to a group of doctors and get their reactions. I'm not sure what her overall project is but... Wow! How perfect! I can now add another tool in this bag of negotiation tricks: psychotic supplication.

Anyway, I replied yes, sign me up, but I checked that I'd be identified as an actor (in a disclaimer or in the credits, whatev). What with Youtube, and more than a few aquaintances and friends who work in the field, I wouldn't want there to be any confusion.

Gained: Could be my big break on the little screen! Or at least a cool new experience. Bring. It. On.
blog comments powered by Disqus