Recent Posts

March 04, 2009

Can I make a suggestion?

March 4. Day 247.

I wrote a slightly tongue in cheek email to the Google Books crew with a suggestion:
Hello,

Being omniscient and amazing Google, you're probably already working on this, but just in case you're not: how about adding a "Create Bibliography" button to people's libraries?

I'm using Google Books to research my dissertation, and adding new titles to my library every day; being able to convert them into a bibliography in 30 seconds or so would be AMAZING!!!!!!

Extra points if you can get it up and running by the time I assemble my final draft in 3 months.

Thanks,
La Roxy
A few minutes later, I got back a form letter.
Hello,

Thank you for your message. I see that you'd like us to add a feature
which would allow you to easily manage your bibliographic data. I've
forwarded this suggestion along to the rest of the team for review.

I appreciate your taking the time to offer us this feedback and encourage
you to continue to let us know how we can improve Google Book Search. As
this is still a young program, new features are under consideration and
your feedback is very helpful.

Sincerely,

The Google Book Search Team
Gained: Nothing for me, but maybe a better tool for future generations.
blog comments powered by Disqus