Recent Posts

November 17, 2008

Change the date?

November 17. Day 140.

Nice: Being so busy with exciting cultural activities you don't have a moment to sit still...

Not so nice: double booking!

A few days after I made plans to go see "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead," at the La Jolla Playhouse, one of San Diego's theatrical jewels, Mr. A reminded me about his company's Christmas party. It's on the same night.

It's a tough call. I love Tom Stoppard, and I've never see than play performed. But I would like to meet Mr. A's coworkers and be there with him that night.

I called the theater and asked how long the play runs. 3 hours. Too late to be able to make it to the party afterward.

My next move: asked if I could exchange my ticket for one the night before.

"It might be possible, but you have to check with the box office. I can't process orders here."

One more call, same question. But they were sold out.

Gained: Nothing. But, that evening I realized his party starts early enough, 6, that I can stop by for an hour or so, then head to the play. That could work!
blog comments powered by Disqus