Long ago I started posting about wedding planning and negotiations. Then some stuff happened, and then more stuff.
Well, at last it's time to pick up where I left off!
Here's what Mr. A and I budgetting for. I won't include amounts (yet) because this will affect ongoing negotiations. The list will probably change as we advance, but here's a general plan.
1. Church: ceremony + priest fee
2. Church decoration
3. Ceremony music
4. Reception: rental + food + cake + alcohol + coffee + insurance + tips
5. Reception music
6. Personnel fees (waiters, security guards, whatnot, if applicable)
8. Some kind of hair intervention
13. Day before tango lesson for our guests
14. Night before fun (rehearsal dinner/cocktails/bbq/tbd)
15. Babysitter for the kiddies
16. Marriage license
The specifics range from very simple (ipod; do my own makeup) to more complicated (we want a reception that runs late and lets us dance -- on a Saturday).
My goal is twofold: 1) bring the price down on every item that exceeds our target budget through asking, negotiation and/or compromise and 2) avoid paying the Bridal Surplus.
How will I fare? First update, just around the corner.
[image credit: ffffound.com]